It’s the moment we’ve been waiting for: the debut of the Proper Patio! We’ve partnered with the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust to turn the lot next door into an outdoor dining oasis! Beginning Thursday, June 25 patio hours will be Tuesday-Thursday 4-8PM, Friday 4-9PM, and Saturday noon-9PM. We are taking additional measures to ensure the safety of our guests and employees, including:
- Sanitizing tables and chairs in between guests
- Sanitizing our single, ADA-accessible restroom in between uses
- Wearing disposable medical-grade masks and gloves both inside and outside the restaurant
- Taking employee temperatures before every shift and maintaining social distancing during shifts
- Maintaining a minimum of six feet between our outdoor dining tables
- Providing single-use, disposable, and (whenever possible) biodegradable serving containers and plates as well as sealed packets containing utensils, napkins, and salt & pepper packs
- Providing single-use paper menus
- Offering bottled water and Coke products in cans. We unfortunately cannot offer free refills on these non-alcoholic beverages. Cocktails, beer, and wine are served in the appropriate glassware that is heat-sterilized in between uses. If you’d prefer, we can also serve alcoholic beverages in disposable plastic cups or Styrofoam cups with lids.
Since we are still in the middle of a global pandemic, there are some rules we respectfully request our guests follow:
- Please wait to be seated by our host. Tables and chairs are reserved for paying customers of Proper Brick Oven & Tap Room.
- Please wear a mask when entering and leaving our outdoor dining space, while waiting to be seated by our host, and while using our indoor restroom.
- Please do not move or rearrange tables or chairs. They are spaced in compliance with state and local ordinances.
- Each table can seat four individuals. If your group is larger than four people it’s possible that you won’t all be seated together.
- Kids are welcome but must remain seated at your table.
- Dogs are welcome but must be leashed and well-behaved.
- Please do not congregate in the outdoor dining area, walkway, or lobby.
- Please be patient with us! We are navigating a completely new way of doing business while trying to strike a balance between hospitality and safety.
Our indoor dining room remains closed to the public. If inclement weather occurs we may have to box up your food and give it to you to go. If you have any additional questions or concerns, a member of our management team will be happy to speak with you directly.
Thank you for your loyalty, support, and patience! We can’t wait to serve you again!